Why our SEO crawler and log analyser respect the General Data Protection Regulation
Today is the European Data Privacy Day. A great opportunity to remind you the key factors and numbers about the GDPR and to show you how Oncrawl respects your data.
Feel free to share on your website!
What is the GDPR?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a single set of laws governing data protection and privacy that apply to all companies that do business in the European Union. The GDPR concerns personal data that is processed by companies. Personal data includes names, addresses, non-generic email addresses or IP addresses.
- 49% of consumers are prepared to give their data to brands they trust
- 51 % of businesses think GDPR results in reputational damage
- 40 % of businesses have confidence in knowing where their data is stored
- Since its launch, GDPR generated 742 notifications of violation in Europe
Who is affected ?
You are affected if you live in the European Union or if you interact with businesses operating in the European Union.
Oncrawl has always been committed to protecting your data
- We need your consent to process your personal data. We get rid of any of your personal data upon request.
- If you use our log monitoring feature, your IP addresses are not stored in the Oncrawl application. This data only exists in the original file that you upload to your private, secure FTP.
- You can still remove your IP addresses from your server logs before uploading them to your FTP account.
- We use IP addresses to authenticate the visits by Google’s bots on the pages of a website. We use the method recommended by Google.
- All of the data in Oncrawl is hosted in Belgium, within the EU. We do not transfer any personal data collected with Oncrawl outside of the EU.
- Oncrawl uses the services of privacy consultants and experts – ensuring that our standards and procedures are compliant and prevents conflicts of interest.
What does this mean for you?
You can continue to use Oncrawl with confidence that your personal data is treated with respect and that the personal data of anyone else that you share with us is secure.