We were glad to attend SEOcampus last week in Paris. The organizers made it terrific for us. Francois had the opportunity to share his thoughts on SEO project management. This is a topic really important we don’t often see at SEO conference.
Feel free to check his deck here:
Most important things to grab:
- You need to decide who’s the SEO leader in your project. The SEO leader is accountable for the quality of the work done. As the leader of the project, he’s also responsible of the motivation and the results of the team.
- Prepare for war if you want peace : You’ll never know when Google will update drastically his algorithm so be prepared. Keep some stuff under your belt : Linking partnerships, Content, Features, and even the specs of your next version. You should be prepared to accelerate on any of your main subjects : Linking, Content, UX…
- Customer is King but often a newbie : Teach him! You need to align the understandings of SEO issues for any of the people involved in the SEO project. So communicating and helping people understand the SEO risks is always a good idea.
- Start any of you SEO projects by some “quick wins”. It helps build the trust. So focus on actions that can have an impact in the next few weeks.
- Keep your reporting easy : your reports should auto-update so that you don’t have to take 1 minute of your time to deliver them. Your reports should be accessible and easy to understand so that everyone involved in the SEO project can understand what’s going on and what are the good and bad news.