Manage Google’s crawl budget
OnCrawl helps you manage your crawl budget with insightful metrics. Google daily sets up the amount of resources dedicated to crawl your website. This is what you can call “Crawl Budget”.
Why focusing on Google’s crawl budget?
The mission of any SEO team is to drive Google’s crawl budget to the right pages, avoiding to waste its time and focus on the right pages.
Spot what is slowing down Google’s crawl
Plenty of ranking factors may have an influence on crawl budget. With OnCrawl, you can check any of these parameters versus Googlebots behavior.
- Check the status codes encountered by bots
- Compare all on-page metrics with bots behavior and with crawl ratio
- Learn what groups of pages are thought the most valuable in Google’s eyes with crawl frequency.
Understand where Google’s crawl budget is spent
From orphan pages detection to crawl ratio evaluation, OnCrawl helps you spot how Google and other search engines are allocating resources to crawl your pages.
- Check crawl ratio by segment or by depth
- Determine which ranking factor influences bots behaviour
- Anticipate your rankings rise or drop by monitoring crawl frequency