If AI takes your job, you might have wondered at some point. I had this moment a few days ago when someone mentioned GPT-3. Learning about an AI that could write like a pro content writer was fascinating and scary at the same time.
After reading more about it, I came to an important conclusion. GPT-3 is so powerful that even the best writers cannot match it. But we can leverage it to create content that helps you rank higher in search engines.
Likewise, if you are a marketing professional who wants quality content to rank the website higher but doesn’t have a content writer available. GPT-3-written copy is just as persuasive as a human-written copy. That too in any style, tone, or voice.
In this post, we will discuss how we can leverage GPT-3 to our advantage. So, let’s dive in and learn how we can use GPT-3 in technical SEO to boost search rankings and gain an edge over competitors.
What is GPT-3?
In simplest words, GPT-3 is an AI language model developed by OpenAI that uses deep learning to produce human-like text.
The language model is the third in the generation of generative pre-trained transformer models that use a revolutionary architecture called Transformer to understand inputs and produce accurate text while handling long-range dependencies with ease.
GPT-3 is more powerful than its predecessors because it can process more data with greater accuracy. If we consider the following graph, you will notice GPT-3 has more accuracy in comparison with the size of the training (something called PARAM Size):
This massive increase in PARAM size (13B Params in GPT-2 to 175B Params) has resulted in something called meta-learning. It means the model doesn’t require additional training to accurately respond to a text. Only the prompt is enough for the language model to give you the content you need.
How can GPT-3 help?
You can do so many wonderful things with GPT-3 that the sky’s the limit.
With GPT-3, you can create quality content much faster. Gone are the days when you had to stare blankly at your computer screen for hours because you were out of ideas. Now, all you need is to enter a prompt in the language model, and it will immediately write the best content for you. You can even customize the content you want to give the language model suggestions to improve in the future.
GPT-3 has another specialty: it can create content for any platform and in any tone. The content you want can be created with little input, from simple ad copy to evergreen lengthy articles. Here is an example:
GPT-3 can also be a one-stop arsenal if you are a marketing professional. You no longer have to depend on content writers because GPT-3 can help you write any type of copy. There are even tools like Debuild using which you can easily create websites if you need a website for your brand but don’t have access to web developers.
The functionality of GPT-3 even goes up a notch with tools like Viable that eliminate the need for analysts to analyze your business and see where you’re lacking.
Overall, GPT-3 is a powerhouse for both content writers and marketing professionals. They can take your marketing efforts to a whole new level and help you reap benefits like never before.
What are the limitations of GPT-3?
All great things have their implications. GPT-3 is no different. After using the technology, I noticed a few things GPT-3 can’t do:
- GPT-3 struggles to create content that is customized for your brand.
- GPT-3 uses existing sources to create content, so it is difficult to create original content.
- Articles that are written on the same topic using GPT-3 often cover the same information without adding any new value.
As a result, relying solely on GPT-3 for content creation will also mean that there will be no original content or good ideas, which is not good for brand marketing.
Let’s also not forget the terrible biases you risk bringing into your content if you’re using GPT-3 to write on a sensitive topic. If GPT-3 is using existing biased content as a reference, chances are your content will be biased too.
As I could understand from a humorous conversation between a human and GPT-3 I recently stumbled upon, GPT-3 also lacks common sense. Here’s a snippet of the chat:
Would you want to publish information that is so absurdly incorrect? I guess we both know the answer.
GPT-3 is a lot smarter than most AI models, but it still needs a lot of guidance and supervision from humans. It still needs content writers/marketing professionals like you who can make the right decisions.
What can you do to make GPT-3 work for you?
GPT-3 can assist you in a wide range of areas. You can make effective use of GPT-3 in a few ways:
- GPT-3 can be used to create podcasts/audio on YouTube. Chances are these AI-generated podcasts will become a new norm in upcoming years.
- You can use video-creation tools to convert the text generated by GPT-3 into engaging videos. There are plenty of such tools available in the market that allow text-to-video conversion. Here is an example of such a video.
- GPT-3 can parse and understand complex data with surprising ease. Hence, it can help you convert data into actionable insights.
- You can create memes more effectively by using GPT-3’s ability to master different writing styles. You no longer have to worry about running out of ideas. Just give GPT-3 a prompt and it will create a meme for you. An example of what GPT-3 is capable of when it comes to creating mems can be found here.
- With Google’s announcement that all US searches will now use BERT(a transformer network like GPT-3), chances are the GPT-3 will play a critical role in search engines.
- Since content plays a crucial role in SEO, the GPT-3 generated content has greater chances of ranking high on Google. One example is a tool called Clearscope.io that gives you a clear overview of what keywords, word-count you will need to boost your search rankings. Now, if GPT-3 creates content based on such fine inputs, chances are it will rank better.
- GPT-3 can help you create much better product descriptions for e-commerce websites, that too in high volume. As a result, instead of spending time writing product descriptions, you can focus on other aspects of your business.
- You can also use GPT-3 to fuel your drip email marketing campaigns. You can use the AI to draft personalized, scheduled, and targeted emails and ensure your email marketing efforts are paying off.
Examples & Use Cases of Best GPT-3 Tools
Copysmith is a one-stop solution for writing all types of content. Hundreds of templates and the incredible power of AI ensure you never have to start from scratch. Besides this, you can also organize and store your content ideas in one place. The ability to edit content, import data, and collaborate with colleagues are other added advantages of the solution.
Copysmith is useful if you are a content writer who doesn’t want to start from scratch or marketing professionals who don’t want to rely much on content writers for a content copy. The tool will never let you run out of ideas.
With Algolia, you can offer users a meaning-driven search experience where users can find relevant content in milliseconds. The tool is helpful if you are a marketing professional managing a blog or product website and wants to offer an immersive environment where customers don’t have to search for a specific keyword.
Viable is the right solution for improving customer satisfaction. This GPT-3 powered tool can seamlessly integrate with data and identify the areas where your team can improve. So, gone are the days when you had to rely on an analytics expert to discover where you were lacking. Viable will do it in seconds.
Viable is well-suited if you want to identify why the traffic on your website is declining and how you can improve it to boost traffic.
With Debuild, you can create websites even if you don’t have much experience in website development, thus removing the need for an expert to create a website. The tool is suited for marketers who want to build a website but don’t have enough budget to hire a developer.
OthersideAi makes the process of drafting an email a lot easier. All you need is to provide an outline of the main things you want to convey, and voila, it will create an interactive email for you. The tool is well suited to leverage the power of email marketing to close more deals.
This blog contains a list of 21 such wonderful GPT-3 tools. You can check it out to read about them all.
What is the SEO Opportunity of GPT-3?
When it comes to SEO, GPT-3 will play a crucial role. Its ability to understand the audience, incorporate keywords, and produce content quickly will change the face of the industry.
However, there are a lot of areas where GPT-3 might struggle. As I discussed in previous points, GPT-3 is an intelligent AI. Still, it is not human and lacks common sense.
To create better content, GPT-3 and content marketing teams should be combined. GPT-3 can be used to aggregate topics or compare top-performing content. You should still rely on your content marketing team to give your content a human touch.
Doing so will give you all the insights you need to rank high while having the liberty to create unique and valuable content for your audience.
In a Nutshell
The future of SEO is AI and humans working together. It will be incomplete without either. As businesses rely on artificial intelligence to gain an edge over their competitors, they will also need people like you and me to keep those efforts human-centric.
Content marketing teams can take AI-written content to a whole new level with their creative thinking and industry expertise. And Google always rewards content that offers a unique angle and valuable information at the same time.
What do you think? Please let us know in the comments.